Sunday, March 8, 2009

So, it's been a little while since I've updated this blog, and seriously, I have really good intentions to get caught up. The next couple posts might be out of order so bear with me.

I bought a horse trailer with my tax refund for $900. Dad and I drove out to Lake Havasu city (which is about a 3 hour drive) on Superbowl Sunday, we made it home just in time for the last quarter. Anyhow, I've been using the trailer a couple times a week. On Friday, my friend Leslie (who is doing a half-lease on Charlie) and I drove out to find a cool trail ride, and we came upon this neat trail on the riverbottom. I took Alanna out there today to show her what we saw
This is my Horse Scooter. I beleive that he is a Morgan Mix, and I've had him for about 3 years now. He was abused before I got him and has a lot of trust issues, but once you get past them, he's an outsanding animal.
This is my brand new saddle. I got this for myself for Christmas and payed $500. It's the first leather saddle that I've owned. It's actually a roping saddle and I'm hoping to attempt some team roping at our stable.
On our trail ride, we came across two wild horses. They let us get fairly close, but Alanna and I wanted to get closer, so we chased them across a mountain. Our two horses were so excited they wanted to keep chasing them.





This is a cactus skeleton





Here is Alanna riding Charlie Horse, you can see the truck and trailer in the background. There is water that runs in the river bottom and Alanna and I rode our horses into the water. Charlie was walking and suddenly he hit a deep spot and was up to his belly in water. Alanna freaked out and made him climb the little cliff to get out of the water.


Here is the 'after' shot of Scooter. You can see how sweaty his back is from the saddle.






Here is Charlie's 'after shot'. You can see how dark his legs are from the water.


































2 comments:

DJ said...

Cool, good pics, next time shoot some of each other on the trail and post some pics of your trailer for all to see. I'm glad you guys had a nice ride today. Love you, Mom

Michelle Lee said...

Way to go April!! You finally got your blog going again. It is so fun to see pics of you and Alanna on horses doing what you love the most. It must be fun to ride around and explore the mountains. I loved all the pictures.