Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baseball to Hockey

Greg and I decided to have a "Sports day" on Saturday. We started out the morning with a Oakland A's vs San Francisco Giants Spring Training baseball game. Greg used to go to baseball games with his Uncle and family when he lived in California, and he is a huge A's fan. This was my second baseball game and I had just as much fun watching the game as I did people watching.




Greg is 6'3" and I am 5'3"...














Here is Greg finding out how fast he throws a ball... I think it was around 51 mph. I'm sure mine would have been around 3 mph.





Oakland A's Won!!








We finished the Baseball game around 4pm, and drove home to give Devon dinner and meet up with the baby sitter for the hockey game. Greg and I had to change our shirts.


















We had seats up pretty high, but it was neat because you could see everything. Our seats had 'All you can eat' bracelets and we munched on Nachos, popcorn, hot dogs, and soda. Aubrey and David bought tickets for Mom and Dad for dad's birthday, so Mom, Dad, Aubrey, David, Alanna, Kris, Greg and I went to the game.









At the 3rd period of the game, my friend Leslie and her husband, who has season tickets, invited us to sit down with them on the lower level. We were about 10 rows up from the ice. They had this huge monitor and halfway through the game they show a 'kiss cam'. Leslie and her husband were shown on the moniter, it was too cute!





So, after our sports weekend, I'm exhausted and my cold is turning into something a little more serious... probably strept throat again. Regardless, I had the best time and I'm hoping to be able to attend a sports game at least once a month. Greg and I are talking about possible Nascar for next month.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u 2 r da bes,can i sing at ur weddin?i luv u

Michelle Lee said...

Congrats on finding a really nice tall and good looking guy. Greg is really into sports. You looked like you had a super sports weekend...baseball and hockey games!! It's so nice to fall in love and have someone to do fun things with. I hope you are very happy together. Tell us more about Greg and how you two met. Happy Birthday to Devon. I have a belated card to send him. I hope he had a fun b-day.

Anonymous said...

April I am really excited for you and I see you are much happier now and just they way you present yourself now and how you fix yourself up I think is wonderful and I hope to meet Greg he looks like a really nice guy!! Keep him and never look back and you know what I mean;) We love you and I wanna go riding sometime!!!

Jennifer said...

So great to see you blogging again-i check all the time. Nice looking new man-he looks like a great pick for you-tell us more about him. Love aunty jenn