Saturday, June 28, 2008

"Caution--Splash Zone"

Today, like everyday, was super hot! Aubrey, Devon and I decided to cool off by going to the local 'splash park'. It's a free community park that has a bunch of little water fountains, some water guns and buckets that dump on your head. We stopped by Pick-Up-Sticks for some chinease lunch (Devon got Mcdonalds Chicken nuggets). Devon really liked this little water spout. He would try to stick his finger in the hole and it would shoot water all over his face. He would squeal with delight and then do it again. You can see his enormous diaper bulging out of his swimsuit in this picture. Mommy forgot to get the little swimmer diapers. Devon had to wear his shoes because the concrete that was dry was super hot and Mommy burned her feet trying to follow Devon in.






These are the buckets that dump on you. They have a spout that fills each one up and when they get full, they tip over. Devon thought it was funny to get dumped on and he actually went and sat on the ground waiting for it.




2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the water park. Nothing beats that on a hot day. I wish I had one of those to take my kid too.

Michelle Lee said...

Devon looks so cute in the soggy shorts in the water. He must have had a blast playing with the squirting water. I want to go to one of those parks too. I would be drenched in seconds. Phoenix is way hot like Vegas and Reno.