Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snow Day

Damon, Devon and I went up north to Flagstaff on Sunday to see the snow. It was so much fun for Devon to see snow for the first time. I couldn't believe how much I actually missed it, I guess it's been about 6 years since I moved from Alaska. We took a back road that we have driven every time that we go up north. It's a old Cattle trail that runs from Flagstaff into Sedona. This is the Flagstaff side, as you follow the road it goes to a 4,000 ft drop off and then you hug the edge of a canyon as you go down into Sedona. It's a 4-Wheel drive trail and Sedona offers Pink Jeep tours on it, but Damon and I have driven it a couple times in my Dodge Intrepid. This is one of our Favorite spots. On the south of the trail is a little valley (above). It was so cool to see it in the winter, because we didn't realize that it fills with water.
This is the North side of the trail (above). There is a really old Dam, and it was so cool to see that it was actually still working.
Here is Devon and Dad in the snow... I guess I'm too lazy right now to figure out how to turn the picture. In my defense, I think I have Strept and I'm trying to Feed devon while I'm doing this.

Here is Devon Tasting snow. I figure, that if your going to see snow, you have to taste it!







3 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

Great pictures of your family in the snow. We have some snow here in Reno right now. It is really pretty to see and play in. I don't mind the cold which I thought I would. Coming from the OR coast and the desert. I guess I adjust pretty fast to different climates and weather. I can't wait to have my own little one to take and play in the snow too. I have to wait awhile yet. 7 months to go.

Anonymous said...

Hey April,
I love the pictures and the snow looks like fun but I hate the cold and love the scenery! Looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday April:)