Friday, June 26, 2009

Cowboy Up

Sorry, these are sort of random pictures. These were taken back in February. I found a horse trailer for sale out in Havasu city, which is about a 3 hour drive. Being the stubborn person that I am, I decided to drive all the way out there to pick it up by myself with Devon on superbowl sunday. Dad had a case of the sunday yucks and was staying home from church. Once he realized that I was driving all the way out there, he started to feel better and decided to go with. We had a fun drive all the way out and back and we ended up getting home right at halftime. I felt bad that he had to miss the first half of the game. So for his birthday, I took him out for a trail ride. These pictures showcase the natural beauty of the state in the early spring (or winter). This area is called the White Tanks and is about a 5 min drive from the boarding stable.

Here is dad on Charlie, you can see how tall the Cactus gets. This one would be several hundred years old.








Dad's trying his hand out at being a cowboy. He is grooming Charlie and you can see my other horse Scooter in the background




1 comments:

Michelle Lee said...

That's awesome that you and your Dad got to go horseback riding together. I do miss the desert sometimes. Those are some really big cactus plants. I want to ride horses again but only when I get down in weight (under 200 lbs.) My weight has skyrocketed this last year. I wouldn't want to break the poor horse's back...LOL!!!