Here is 2 1/2 year old Devon. This is his second time riding on Charlie. Previously he would enjoy going to the stable and helping me to mix the supplements, but a couple weeks ago he said that he wanted to ride. I figured that he didn't really know what he was asking, but hey.. why not, so I saddled up Charlie and just as I was about done, the Jets from the Air force base (just a couple blocks away) were doing their touch and goes, it's extremely loud although the horses are used to it and it doesn't phase them. Devon stared crying and I thought that was the end of our adventure. After watching them for a few mins he decided they could be cool and I put him up on the horse and he made me walk him around for 1 1/2 hours... all around the property, up the street and he wanted me to go across the street and into the field, but at that time I was pretty tired. The next time I saddled up my other horse and lead Charlie around, which was a little nerve racking for me, but he loved it. I just bought him a helmet this weekend along with buddy stirrups, they go over the saddle horn and can be adjusted for tiny legs, we get to try them out this week.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Cowboy in training pants
Posted by April and Devon at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment