Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sea World












Ashley made plans to go to Sea World for Memorial Day weekend. At the last moment, her friend cancelled on her, so Alanna, Devon and I decided to go with. We stuffed two babies and Alanna in the back seat and drove for 6 hours to San Diego. By the time we got there, we were sooooo sick of riding in the car so we went straight to our hotel.. I had no idea that the hotel was about 45 mins north of San Diego! We checked in the hotel and then walked down the block to Dennys (yes.. I'm addicted to Dennys).

The next day we all went to Sea World! It was so much fun, except that Devon missed his morning nap and was a wreck the rest of the day! The first thing we did was see a show were there were gymnasts doing crazy things with their bodies.

After that, we got to hold Starfish and then pet Stingrays. I didn't realize how slimy they would feel. Then, after Devon had another melt down, we went and saw the Dolphin show, and when they say "soak zone", they arn't kidding!! We ended the day by seeing Shamu, which for me was so awesome since killer whales are my favorite animal besides horses. Devon and Regen kept their eyes focused on the whales during the show.

We went back to the hotel and but the babies to bed then I sent Alanna and Ashley to Panda Express to get dinner. When we left in the morning, the hotel room was trashed with leftover food the babies knocked on the floor and dirty diapers in the trash can LOL.

Then, a looooong road trip back home with bored and tired babies in the backseat.

4 comments:

DJ said...

Boy, what a crazy fun filled trip you guys had. I'm glad you had the opportunity to go even if the babies were challenging. What a fun sister bonding experience. Wish I could've gone too.

Michelle Lee said...

I love the look of your new blog. I am trying to find baby pictures to add to my blog as wallpaper or background. Your trip to Sea World looked like fun. It must have been kinda hard taking the babies with you. Cool pictures of them with Shamu behind them. Last time I went there, I took 8 rolls of film in my camera. I just love marine animals.

Michelle Lee said...

April, you need to add my blog to your page. I noticed you don't have my address listed under family blogs. Do you need my blog address?? Just let me know, :)

pkabow said...

Those little cousins look like they really like each other. Enjoy each other and the joint activities you have. What will happen when mom and dad decide to move? I love you Sea World photos.